CEO Roundtable Series - June - Petrochemicals: Changing Trends in Refineries
27 June 2019
10 : 00 AM to 1 : 00 PM
Petrochemicals: Changing Trends in Refineries Programme
CEO Roundtable White Paper
The discussion topic at this CEO Roundtable will provide a platform for high-level strategic discussion on the growing trend of integrating petrochemical plants into refineries. To draw lessons and experiences from examples of case studies of integration that have already been implemented. To assess the impacts of integration on future demand growth for petrochemical and refinery products.
The discussion will cover, but is not limited to, the following aspects:
- Current status of the industry, including advances in the practice of integration of petrochemical plants and refineries.
- Strategic considerations involved in making a business case for integration.
- Challenges and opportunities associated with integration into larger composite plants.
- Identifying the opportunities to improve efficiency and continue to add value to refinery operations.
- Identifying and engaging the entire stock of knowledge available globally to achieve continuous growth of the petrochemical sector.
The key questions for discussion will include:
- What does the future look like, in terms of demand for petrochemical and refinery products?
- What is the current status and how is the trend changing?
- What are the essential considerations in deciding whether and where it is appropriate to integrate petrochemical and refinery operations?
- What are the economic, operational and technological challenges associated with the integration of petrochemical plants and refineries?
- How is the industry addressing these challenges?
- What innovative approaches are evolving through the effort to continue to add value to petrochemical and refinery products through integration?